GPSSerial 1.3 released

A small post to inform you that GPS Serial version 1.3 has been released. It fixes all the problems that most of you had with popular navigation systems such as TomTom or Navigon. We hope that now everything is corrected.

The problems have been solved thanks to the help of Roger from OrangeGadgets. A big thanks to him!

30 Responses to “GPSSerial 1.3 released”

1. yonsje says:

Hi,
    Would it be possible to use this software with the sparkfun GPS module?
    (http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=8796)
    You can find the datasheet of the GPS module here: http://www.usglobalsat.com/download/47/em408_ug.pdf

-Yon

2. neshudo says:

cool!!!!

3. jj says:

works nice..
    THX a lot…

4. dd says:

Perfect!

thanks o/

5. DarkFader says:

gpsserial in conjunction with btstack would be awesome.

6. Monty says:

Yes. Serialgps is the perfect candidate for btstack.

It would be the best

7. GPSSERIAL install says:

I installed gpsserial several times however there is no icon on the spring board. any suggestions

8. jj says:

did you restart the phone?

9. huntre says:

Has anyone tried this with Golfshot GPS or ViewTi Golf GPS?

10. GI-F Support Please says:

Is there anyway that GI-F support can be added???

11. Mauricio Sorin says:

hI DOES IT WORK WITH tOM tOM GPS EXTERNAL MODULE MKII AND JAILBROKEN IPHONE IST GEN?

12. JJ says:

Nice.. it works with 3.1.3 :-)

13. Jim says:

Could I get a serial number for my cable? I have sent several emails and have not recieved any response.

14. Steve Parker says:

Thanks for sharing this information to us it is really help me out. Few days ago I bought my network camera it works properly.

15. Roni says:

Thanks for the update, but the iGO app still won’t work with the my iGPS360.
    Is there any work in that area?

16. J says:

Have 3.1.2 and xgps says “Unable to get the GPS position. The GPS is not currently giving any position information.”
    I have reinstalled and still says same thing. Using a 3gs unlocked/jailbroken with Tmobile. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I hear this app is tha bomb!

17. J says:

Oh, im sorry. I dont have the new version. It is 1.2

18. Edward says:

I can’t seem to get it to work with the OrangeGadgets gps360 and CoPilot Live North America. The GPS360 works fine with xGPS, though that has a setting specifically for the GPS360 so I don’t know if GSSerial is involved. It also works with MotionX GPSLite, which thinks it is on an iPhone. But, CoPilot Live North America’s GPS screen says “GPS Signal Detected, determining position” but shows not Lat or Long data, even after the GPS360 has a lock. And, it continues to show that the signal is detected even when I pull the GPS360 module off. I’m using 3.1.3 on a 32G iTouch. Any help would be appreciated!!! Thanks in advance.

19. Andre says:

Hey There,
    I’m wondering if I should use this with my iPod Touch, 64G.
    I have a Holuz GPS Receiver that I was using with my Palm OS phone, which I used DeLorme Street Atlas as my gps (using bluetooth).

All I want to do is use the Holux receiver with my iTouch.

Can I do it?

Does my iTouch HAVE to be jailbroken to use it?

I don’t like the sound of jailbroken. Is there a way to just use a ‘real’ application without ‘destroying’ my iTouch? (I’m sorry, but according to what I read about the term ‘jailbroken’, it seems that I would be turning my iTouch into a ‘Windows-Like-Operating (NON-OPERATING)’ Computer. It works well now, and I don’t want to lose that functionality by trying to use my iTouch for navigation. It would not be worth it. It does EVERYTHING ELSE so well.

Please help?

Andre’

20. Edward says:

UPDATE: Just wanted to let y’all know that with the recent update to GPS Serial (not sure when it was, but I downloaded it around June 20, 2010), CoPilot and MotionX are both working fine. Thanks for the updated software!

21. Timm says:

Hi,
    Is this project dead???

22. Timm says:

I guess this project is dead now…too bad, it started out as a nice GPS tool for my ipod touch :(

23. Cody says:

Does it work with XGPS 150 or 300?

24. Teckie says:

Have a try

25. Morten Vinding says:

Just installed GPSSerial on my 5.0.1 iPad 2, now it hangs at reboot with the Apple logo!!!

Well time to restore it seems… good thing that I don’t use my iPad that much but trust important things to my Android phone :)

26. Taufique says:

I too tried to install it for my ipad 2 wifi and it hung at reboot. I guess there will not be a fix for this.

27. Dovie Heery says:

Try Preserving the BB from iOS 4.3.3 to iOS 5. Use PwnageTool in the mac or sn0wbreeze in windows. Then use Gevey sim. Most probably it will get unlocked. Their site includes BB uptp 04.10 so yours should work.

28. Roadblock says: